Fri, Nov 15|
Gamers Ranch, LLC
Rainbow Vale Classic Retreat Weekend 2019!
An entire weekend of Old School, Middle School, and gaming in general!
Time & Location
Nov 15, 2019, 10:00 AM – Nov 18, 2019, 1:00 PM
Gamers Ranch, LLC, 143 Lake Park Trail, Bland, MO 65014, USA
About the Event
Rainbow Vale Classic Retreat Weekend 2019!
- Presented by Underworld Dreamers and Meta-Games Unlimited -
- Dates: 11/15 - 11/18 - You can show up as early as 10am but nothing begins until early evening
- Price: $250 ($257.50 with fee through ticket site) entire weekend per person. No split pricing. 20 people capped and MUST be paid to reserve your spot! See bottom. This fee covers entry in to the tournaments and drafts as well as your stay! Compare that to a cheap hotel (like $60-$80 a night) and $20-$50 tournament entry fees!
- Location: Gamers Ranch in Bland Missouri
- Information and rules -
This is the first year we are trying anything like this! This is a very unique event to get away from it all and enjoy Old School, Middle School, board games, and nature for an entire weekend! I will post an itinerary for the weekend below which is optional but also free and included in the price.
Go to the website https://gamersranch.com/ to truly see everything and also visit their FAQ section http://wiki.gamersranch.com/#!faq.md
This facility will sleep 20 people comfortably however it is a bit summer camp style. Meaning there is some sleeping areas that are semi-public and you will have to share a bed with a friend. Really no different than splitting a hotel room when traveling to an event. There are also couches which you are permitted to sleep on if necessary. I will list the Bedroom and sleeping area information that is direct from their FAQ below. Sleeping arrangements will be on a first come first serve basis with the exceptions below
- You have a special need (contact me)
- Women or couples. We want everyone to feel comfortable so women or couples will get at very least to pick a room to stay in. Thems the breaks guys!
We have eight bedroom and seven bathrooms. Each bedroom has a connecting bathroom. Four bedrooms have private baths while four bedrooms have jack and jill bathrooms. In addition we have a loft area with a few beds in it as well. You are also more than welcome to bring sleeping bags, air mattresses or cots with you.
Bedroom 1 - King + Full Bath
Bedroom 2 - King + Full Bath
Bedroom 3 - Queen + Full Bath
Bedroom 4 - Queen + Full Bath
Bedroom 5 - (x2) Bunk Bed (Full) + Jack & Jill Shared Bath
Bedroom 6 - (x2) Queen + Jack & Jill Shared Bath
Bedroom 7 - (x2) Queen + Jack & Jill Shared Bath
Bedroom 8 - (x2) Queen + Jack & Jill Shared Bath
8 Bedrooms (2 King Beds, 8 Queen Beds, 6 Full Beds)
7 Full Bathrooms
You will want to bring your own food and drink for the weekend. Alcohol is allowed of course but with a caveat that I will put in the rules section below. There is a giant fully functional kitchen with a massive fridge to hold everyone's food and drinks. However I will make some suggestions below to ensure you have an awesome stay!
- - Rules -
1. Don't be a jerk! We all want to have a good time so relax and have an awesome weekend!
2. Alcohol - You are an adult and are both expected and required to act like one. If you do something to upset our host he can and will ask you to leave the property for the weekend WITHOUT refund. If you do something to upset myself or the group as a whole I will ask you to leave WITHOUT a refund. This is non-negotiable and by stepping foot on the property you are accepting these terms.
3. Treat each other and each others property with respect. We will be spending the weekend together in close quarters (unless you are outdoors there is a ton of awesome things to do!) so treat others things the same way you would want someone to treat yours.
I think the rules are simple and I truly don't feel we will have a problem with anyone in the old school/middle school community but I want to be clear that unruly behavior will not be tolerated.
- - Suggestions -
1. Bring a small cooler - Even if you don't need it you can leave in your vehicle or use outdoors
2. Bring a combination lock as there will be lockers available. 2 locks if you feel you will need 2 lockers.
3. Check the FAQ and bring any extra sleeping materials you may want. You can also camp outside if that is your thing.
4. Does anyone own a telescope? Might consider bringing it! I do not or I would bring one
- - Tournaments and Itinerary -
Friday - 6pm until 8pm - Meet and greet cookout. I will provide burgers and brats for everyone!
Friday - 8pm - Middle School Draft - Onslaught Block draft!!
Saturday - 12pm - Old School Constructed Tournament (EC Rules) - with decklist requirement via photo (see contact info below)
Saturday - 8pm - Middle School Constructed Tournament (EC Rules) - with decklist requirement via photo (see contact info below)
Sunday - 12pm - Old School Draft - Exact format TBD but likely 2x Chronicles + 2x Fallen Empires
- There will be some awesome prize support for each event for results and for most creative decklists. Each participant in constructed will receive a card that will be stamped and signed by those in attendance and/or that you play. Prizes will be listed at a later date - However a few spoiler prizes include a Mana Vault deck box by Leifkicker, some old school booster packs, and some starter decks from said formats.
I will have some additional product for pickup drafts anytime but people would have to pay for the product. Pricing will be fair on the cheaper side. I will also bring sleeves to sell if anyone needs. Cash or Paypal accepted.
Open play is encouraged ALL THE TIME! The facility also has hundreds and hundreds of board games people can break out, hiking, fishing, ATV tours, you name it!
If you need something special, have questions or concerns you can contact myself directly at the email or facebook below and you can contact the facility owner, David, by visiting the Gamers Ranch website. The email below is also where you will submit your deck lists for all events.
Contact me one of these ways to arrange payment.
UD Retreat Weekend
All inclusive retreat weekend ticket.$257.50