Rainbow Vale Classic Retreat Weekend 2020!
Time & Location
About the Event
Rainbow Vale Classic Retreat Weekend 2020!
- Presented by Matt Dennis of Underworld Dreamers -
This event is currently cancelled for 2020. We will re-visit and look to have this event in 2021! Leaving this info here for reference and info towards future events.
- Dates: 11/20 - 11/22 - You can show up as early as 10am but nothing begins until early evening. You can stay Sunday night and leave Monday morning if your schedule allows!
- Price: $250 entire weekend per person. No split pricing. 20 people capped and MUST be paid to reserve your spot! See bottom.
- This fee covers entry in to the tournaments, your stay and food/snacks. If you have specific dietary restrictions or allergies you will want to bring a little of your own food to ensure you are covered! However do let me know and I will do my best to accomodate. Especially if you have an allergy I will be sure to avoid said item (Nuts, ect).
- Location: Gamers Ranch in Bland Missouri
- Information and rules -
This is the 2nd year we are doing this however due to the cap and newfound interest in the event it is invite only. However if you want to get on a list contact Matt at the contact info below to get your name added to a wait list in case things change! This is a very unique event to get away from it all and enjoy Old School, Middle School, OS-EDH, Binho and nature for an entire weekend! I will post an itinerary for the weekend below.
- Sleeping -
Go to the website https://gamersranch.com/ to truly see everything and also visit their FAQ section http://wiki.gamersranch.com/#!faq.md
This facility will sleep 20 people comfortably however it is a bit summer camp style. Meaning there is some sleeping areas that are semi-public and you may have to share a bed with a friend. Really no different than splitting a hotel room when traveling to an event. There are also couches which you are permitted to sleep on if necessary. I will list the Bedroom and sleeping area information that is direct from their FAQ below. Sleeping arrangements will be loosely arranged when you arrive.
- You have a special need (contact me)
We have eight bedroom and seven bathrooms. Each bedroom has a connecting bathroom. Four bedrooms have private baths while four bedrooms have jack and jill bathrooms. In addition we have a loft area with a few beds in it as well. You are also more than welcome to bring sleeping bags, air mattresses or cots with you.
Bedroom 1 - King + Full Bath
Bedroom 2 - King + Full Bath
Bedroom 3 - Queen + Full Bath
Bedroom 4 - Queen + Full Bath
Bedroom 5 - (x2) Bunk Bed (Full) + Jack & Jill Shared Bath
Bedroom 6 - (x2) Queen + Jack & Jill Shared Bath
Bedroom 7 - (x2) Queen + Jack & Jill Shared Bath
Bedroom 8 - (x2) Queen + Jack & Jill Shared Bath
8 Bedrooms (2 King Beds, 8 Queen Beds, 6 Full Beds)
7 Full Bathrooms
There is a giant fully functional kitchen with a massive fridge to hold everyone's food and drinks. We will bring some extra coolers if needed for more drinks!
- - Rules -
1. Don't be a jerk! We all want to have a good time so relax and have an awesome weekend!
2. Alcohol - You are an adult and are both expected and required to act like one. If you do something to upset our host he can and will ask you to leave the property for the weekend WITHOUT refund.
3. Treat each other and each others property with respect. If you can't why are you involved in Old School?
I think the rules are simple and I truly don't feel we will have a problem with anyone in the old school/middle school community but I want to be clear that unruly behavior will not be tolerated.
- - Suggestions -
1. Bring a combination lock as there will be lockers available if you want to lock up anything. However again I cannot see this being an issue.
2. Check the FAQ and bring any extra sleeping materials you may want. You can also camp outside if that is your thing.
- - Tournaments and Itinerary -
Friday - 3pm - 7pm - Meet and Greet + Food (TBD)
Friday - 7pm - Middle School Tournament (Double Elimination)
Saturday - 11am - Old School Constructed Tournament (EC Rules, Top 8) - with decklist requirement via photo (see contact info below)
Saturday - 8pm - Binho Championship
Sunday - 12pm - Old School EDH ( https://lordsofthepit.com/os-edh/ ) or Middle School Chaos Draft (Bring your own packs or buy from me at a cheaper than market rate)
- Prizes -
- I will be supplying a first place trophy prize for the OS Constructed tournament and for the Binho Championship. I will also supply middle school cards to stamp and sign as well as a prize card stamped for the winner! However I am going to ask everyone to bring something worth $20 or more to donate to the prize pool very similar to Lords Haus as that is a fantastic way to handle prizes at something like this!
Also if you want a specific OS/MS card stamped and signed be sure to bring it!
Open play is encouraged ALL THE TIME! The facility also has hundreds and hundreds of board games people can break out, hiking, fishing, ATV tours, you name it!
If you need something special, have questions or concerns you can contact myself directly at the email or facebook below and you can contact the facility owner, David, by visiting the Gamers Ranch website. The email below is also where you will submit your deck lists for all events.
Contact me one of these ways to arrange payment.
Dreamer Matt Dennis
Dreamer Jeremy Bates
Dreamer Ryan Sala
Dreamer Rob Burzinsky
Dreamer Phil Burzinsky
Dreamer Michael Thorington
Dreamer Ryan Crouch
Dreamer Nick Siefert